Monday, April 18, 2011

15 days



I could bore you with my life as a student and the anxiety of pop quizes, group grades, and the bad self image that comes with being unprepared for a test but I won't do that to you, or to me either. Life is looking up: I have 15 more days until the semester is over...sure I still have to write two papers, a lit. review, take 3 comprehensive exams and continue weekly assignments but I can see the proverbial "light at the end of the tunnel" and it is bright and calling my name! The past few weeks my husband and I have shared conversations that can be summed up by this dialogue which took place last night:
Kyle: "I'm not sure I can finish this..."
Me: "You can too! you'll do great! (pause) Now, tell me I can do it too"
We're both in the same situation which is nice sometimes because we understand each other's needs...but as husbands and wives share stresses and empathize with each other sometimes it feels like a weight of two work loads on our shoulders. I think this is ok though, because in 15 days our feeling of freedom with be magnified by two as well.

1 comment:

  1. Twice the load, but more than twice the strength! The whole is greater than the sum of its parts!

    ReplyDelete