Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Job Satisfaction

My students are so appreciative it's unbelievable. It's hard not to compare them to the kids I've taught in America. This week I'm teaching about Halloween. Many of them hadn't even heard of it before! I was astonished. They thought some things we do were really funny: Trick or Treat, Hayrides, haunted trails, carving pumpkins...now that I think about it some things ARE a little strange but it's all so much fun! China doesn't have a holiday where they dress up and act like something else, now that they know about Halloween I think so of them wish they did. It is satisfying being able to share my culture with another people group. I think in doing this we can both have a little bit deeper understanding of each other. I'm thankful for my time with my students in China.

No comments:

Post a Comment