Saturday, October 10, 2009

Orphan Babies

I was blessed with an opportunity to visit a hospital today! The facility specializes in bringing children with disabilities from orphanages all over the province and giving them the care they need. Most of the children need surgeries and therapy. They do all kinds of surgeries but mostly cleft palette or heart surgeries. They told us that the child stays in the hospital for a long time after the surgery for therapy - physical, speech, etc. So the lay out reminded me more of a day care or kindergarten than a hospital.
It was my first time to visit and I didn’t think I could leave! The children craved so much attention! After spending a few minutes with the little orphans they wanted to show us another part of the hospital but I couldn’t leave them! They were too precious! I’m very excited about this new work and looking forward to my next visit!

No comments:

Post a Comment