Friday, October 30, 2009

WALMART

Today on my day off I went exploring! I heard there was a WALMART close to us but hadn't seen it yet! I looked up the address and headed there on the search for a halloween costume ~ I thrive on last minute dashes to the store. Kyle wanted to be a Vampire and I really wasn't sure what I wanted to be. Knowing that I was in a country that doesn't celebrate halloween meant that I'd need to be creative in finding a costume. I walked along a street looking at each number for 550, turned the corner and found this beautiful sign! I figured if any store would have Halloween stuff it would be Walmart. I went in and it was a beautiful sight! With Smiley faces smiling at me and finding great value brand and equate I was excited! Walmart didn't have a really big imported aisle but they did have some good selections on things. The best and greatest difference was that in any other supermarket here I find myself feeling anxious to get out and claustrophobic with the smaller aisles and huge banners hanging from the ceilings but in Walmart it was nicely spread out and I felt like I could breath! :) It was a great experience! They had some Halloween things but not a huge selection. I called Juliane wondering if she wanted to meet me at the next store because it was close to her apartment. I found out the bus I needed to take, went to the bus stop but the bus didn't stop there. I was puzzled and asked a Chinese woman if she knew where the bus stop was. She couldn't speak much english and was really struggling. A car pulled up to pick her up and she asked her husband and his friend where it was. They came to my rescue! They couldn't tell me where the bus stop was but offered to take me where I wanted to go! They were very nice business men so I jumped in with the other woman in the back seat! They said they were headed to the airport to go to Xian for the weekend. The man in the passenger seat had great english and was named Kenny. We had a lovely chat on the way to Auchan ~ a store where I was to meet Juliane. They dropped me off and went on to the airport. I wish I had their email to thank them. What great hospitality!

No comments:

Post a Comment